Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bayreuth ('by-royt')



I have been staying in Bayreuth for the past 3 nights at Ronni's place (described earlier as my guide) as we plan our next move. There is a classical music festival (Festspielhaus) going on here to honor the late composer Richard Wagner and the city was dressed up with lights and banners for the occasion. Apparently, it is very difficult to get tickets for the festival with a 10 year waiting list or tickets that sell for 4000 euros (~6000 US) on the black market (I guess even classical music has a black market).


Anyhow, news of trials comes in waves. After learning that Quelle could not take me on, I soon had a potential trial lined up with Wolfsbad Mannheim (4th and 2nd division) who were in need of an innen verteidiger ('innen fer-tie-diga'), or center back. I found out two days later that the trial fell through. Ronni explained to me that teams are hesitant to go through the trouble of getting working visa for a foreigner with the transfer window closing soon (4 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment