
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
After a few days in Tuzi, Dečić was all set to sign. Unfortunately, no one had told the coach. He refused to add a player that had only been there a few days to a team who had already been working out for 40 days together. The coach said things would be different if I would have come at a better time and invited me to return at a later date.
I spent the next day traveling back to Pula via bus and plane (Dubrovnik, shown below, is gorgeous btw). I arrived only to find out that any opportunities I had in Croatia before I left disappeared when I went to Montenegro.

Anyhow, I took the first flight to Frankfurt and 3rd train to Nuremburg (it took me a bit to figure out the system) and now I am under new management. I am currently training with a feeder club in Germany named SG Quelle. They play in the Landesliga (6th division), but the plan is to be tested here and then move to a higher division - Regionalliga (4th division) or higher. Things are looking good after the first training day. There is a guy working with me who helps with transportation, finds my accommodations, and is my link to clubs - similar to the job of a sherpa who takes climbers up a mountain (and just as indispensable). At the moment my sherpa is happy, so I am happy. He says the coach has given me the thumbs up (this is German for a sign of approval).
I am very impressed with the structure of the fußball ('foosball') system over here. There are 11 divisions here each with a relegation/promotion rule. This means an 11th division team can be promoted to the 1st division (however, it would take 10 seasons, proper funding, and a few miracles). Also, every team, regardless of the division, seems to have a sponsor and amazing facilities.


No comments:
Post a Comment