Thursday, February 11, 2010

Suck it, American Airlines and Vayama



S o February 10th passed just as any other day. I mean, why shouldn't it? The date had some meaning for me because this is when I booked my return flight to the States. However I figured out a few weeks ago that I would need to extend the ticket. When I contacted Vayama, the travel agency I used, they simply pointed me to the fine print: "Once purchased, tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-RE-ROUTABLE, and are completely NON-CHANGEABLE after the first travel date has passed." Pretty sweet, right?

So I called American Airlines to see if everyone was drunk there too. Of course they were willing to oblige, after I paid a small fee for the change. How much, you ask? Well a measly $4000. Now, I consider myself a reasonable guy and I was prepared to take a hit - $100, 200, even 300 - to make the change. But 4000 dollars? Really?

Vayama and American Airlines just lost a customer and a passenger. And Flight AA71 is going home without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment