Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Erfurt - Training Day 1 and 2

I have been in camp with Rot-Weiss Erfurt FC for the past week. Here's how the first 2 days went:

Day 1

In the first session we did a lactic acid threshold test training where blood samples were drawn from our ears and our heart rates were measured at different stages of difficulty in a run. The rate of increase of the concentration (still with me?) of lactic acid in the blood (and the muscles) can indicate a person's level of fitness. Apparently, the results said I was fit.


In the second session we played basketball in the gym to warm up (I don't know if you have ever seen soccer players on a basketball court but it's an ugly sight). We finished up with some core body work and used balance boards.

I got back to the hotel that night with some groceries. I tried cooking pasta using the tea kettle in the room and it turned out to be a disaster. I ended up grabbing a kebab from across the street (Turkish kebab shops are the only food places open after 8).



Day 2
Another good day. We had three sessions today with a light paced run in the morning (I thought my ears were going to burst into flames it was so cold), 5v5 indoor games in the afternoon (smashed home two goals), and then ending with plyometric stations and a game on the snow.

(that's me in the front doing sit-ups on a yoga mat)

The run and the plyos weren't bad, it was good to see the ball during small-sided, and playing the snow was a bit tricky (for everyone), but nevertheless sweet to play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ivan dragooooo.

Post a Comment