
(Andrew took this picture of me in the dressing room before the rest of the team arrived. We would have got a proper one of us in Schalke gear but we didn't want to seem like rookies this early in the game.)
We spent Monday and Tuesday training with the reserves of Schalke 04. The level was not as high as I expected, so I went in there and did my business. After the second day the coach talked to us in his office. This in and of itself is a big thing because a coach can just as easily give a euphemistic excuse on the training pitch like "thanks for coming, but: we are only looking for a forward and keeper, the club doesn't have enough money right now, it will be too difficult to get a working visa for you..." We received positive feedback from the Trainer (Germans call their Coaches 'Trainers') and he invited us back to for their next training session. We were both happy to know that we had done enough during our 2 days that the door to Schalke was still open.
Have you ever had a day that was already going well and then something happened to push it over the top? Well that happened to me when I went to the local Turkish internet cafe to tell my managers and parents about the news from Schalke. I found an email in my inbox that I had a trial in Switzerland and that I was to leave immediately. This new opportunity is something I can not pass up, even for additional trainings with the Schalke reserves (now if it was with the Schalke first team, my decision would be difficult). I must excuse myself now because I need to find a plane flight before I run out of money at the internet shop - credit, check, and money orders not accepted.


2 comments:
That'a boy!!!
In any given fight its the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch- AP
Post a Comment