Thursday, December 3, 2009

Off to Switzerland



I arrived in Switzerland early, a new experience for me. For those of you who aren't familiar with 'Kyle Time' it is common for me to seem as if I'm in another time zone (and sometimes on another planet). Anywho, I arrived in Luzern by train and listening to Beirut's Gulag Orkestar (no worries if you are unfamiliar with this one, there is a brief introductory course above).

At the station I changed all the euros in my pocket to Francs -- they are sort of like the Disney Dollars of Europe. I was picked up at the train station by a representative from the Lucerne (or Luzern in German). I learned from him that my trial had only been set for a single day. I was a bit surprised when I heard this because a typical trial lasts for about 6 weeks. This is when I realized that I was being assessed by Luzern and not being assessed for Luzern. Of course, anything is possible, but the odds are not in a player's favor when he has only one training session to prove himself.

Either way, big up to Luzern for making me feel comfortable in a strange, new land. The team rep gave me a tour of the city, then took me to a local restaurant. I met the chef, a supporter of the club, and he asked me what I wanted. I told him that I would eat anything he made. The rep left me in the restaurant to eat alone and it got a bit awkward between courses. So, I used my best broken German to have a conversation with the waitress. The food was amazing. I thanked the chef and the rep took me back to the hotel. I got back to my room with a stomach full of pasta and slept with anticipation of the training in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on brothaaa! Make it happen...

Post a Comment