Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pokal Semi's - Hansa Rostock

Facing adversity is the only way is the only way to become stronger, smarter, and better. It is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself.
-Paraphrased from John Wooden

I was pretty excited when we drew Hansa Rostock in the semi finals of our landespokal tournament. They are a 3rd division team, but will be promoted (aufstieg) into the 2nd Bundesliga next season. It's not often that you can put yourself up against a decent opponent. I have found in the past that every time I have met such an opportunity with an honest effort, I have been pushed to a new level and have learned a little more about myself.

The difference between our teams was not much on the day. We ended up losing the match in the final 7 minutes, but we had our chances to win. Despite the loss, I believe it was one of my best performances of the season. I gave what I had, and enjoyed the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment