The transfer window closed without any success. The plan now is to train here until the transfer window re-opens on November 31. I will be staying in Friedberg (Hessen, not Bavaria) with one of my closest friends Billy G (see above pic; taken in Frankfurt) and his girl. He has been living here for just over a year and they have been cool enough to let me stay with them. Ideally, I will find a local team to train with consistently and then go on trials or probe ("pro-ba") trainings with various clubs across Germany. Probe translates to 'rehearsal' and I am told it is common for even the most ingrained player (i.e. a captain) in a club to probe train with a different clubs during a season.In the meantime, Billy has been training with me at the local training grounds (background of picture). I think they are in the 9th division (but of course, the facilities are still ridiculous). Things change pretty quickly over here, so don't be too surprised if I am on a plane to Bahrain for an opportunity with Al-Muharraq in my next post.


No comments:
Post a Comment